Campaign duplication allows you to make an identical copy of an existing campaign. The tool may be useful when it is needed to create multiple campaigns with similar settings, i.e. the same targeting rules. It’s a good way to save time and avoid mistakes.
The duplicate is identical to the original in every way, except the name is appended with “...copy”.
Things to keep in mind:
- It is possible to duplicate campaigns which are in statuses “Active” and “Paused”;
- If an already validated campaign is duplicated and no changes are made to URL or creatives, the duplicate will not need to go through validation again;
- Check “Custom budget” on “Budget” step if the original was using Custom budgets;
- Campaigns with many settings will take some time to duplicate and a notification will be sent when it’s completed.
To duplicate a campaign:
- Go to “Campaigns List” on the left menu;
- Click on “Actions” and then “Duplicate campaign”;
- When the campaign duplication is complete, you’ll get a confirmation prompt.